CCA is in search of a Database Specialist who is able to creatively work within a variety of teams providing support and being responsible for administering CCA’s constituent management database. Some of these responsibilities will include accurate data/gift entry, data cleanup, ensuring database integrity, producing routine and complex customized reports, system enhancements, online donation pages, financial reconciliation, and providing end user training and support.
CCA’s database system is The Raiser’s Edge, including Spark and Sphere.
The Database Specialist will directly report to the Director of Development.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work within a variety of departments to determine the most effective use of Raisers Edge, Spark and Sphere to meet the department needs
- Maintain database entry standards, enforce database integrity and quality control; implement multiple NCOA updates/year and software updates
- Train and coach staff/volunteer users and provide technical assistance; coordinate scheduled training meetings with key end users
- Perform regular audits; develop and implement new processes, systems and standards as required
- Provide event data entry support and ecommerce solutions
- Prepare annual donation tax statements
- Process matching gifts, complete and submit forms, and ensure accurate gift entry
- Manage recurring and auto processed gifts
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate Gifts Processing Manual
- Assist in fundraising events
- Maintain regular integration/synchronization with other systems
- Produce pledge reminders and acknowledgements
Gift Entry and Financial Reconciliation:
- Perform and oversee accurate data/gift entry in a timely manner in Raisers edge
- Track pledges; document and review complete pledges for compliance and redemption
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly and annually with Finance Team
- Prepare queries, exports, imports, custom, and canned reports
- Activities to include (but not limited to) monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, dashboards, event performance and file analysis, mail/e-mail lists and donor recognition lists
Interpersonal Competency Requirements:
- High Standards: Should model excellence, be accountable for quality, accuracy, and attention to detail, and seek to improve processes
- Initiative: Needs to be proactive and take action without being prompted; makes things happen
- Organizing and Planning: Should have the ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks, maximize use of time, and make efficient use of resources
- Results Oriented: Should value outcomes and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Technical Expertise: Should be knowledgeable and skilled in functional specialty, add value, and serve as a resource
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and two plus years related experience or equivalent combination
- Proficient level user in Excel, Raiser’s Edge, Spark, Sphere, Word and related MS software
- Experience with nonprofit relational database management; basic understanding of fundraising and nonprofit accounting principles and practices
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid writing and verbal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Capacity to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, to multi-task and to adjust to competing priorities
- Ability to train and lead others in Database best practices
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Wage commensurate with experience; wage range $15.50 - $20.44
- Generous comprehensive benefit package
Please send an electronic cover letter as well as your resume to: email@example.com.
The cover letter itself should be no longer than one page and include the following:
- Tell us about your previous working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, to include Spark and Sphere.
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role at CCA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. See more about CCA at JoyRx.org. Children’s Cancer Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports diversity in the workplace. This position will be open until filled.
Special Events Manager
The Manager of Special Events will foster and cultivate existing external event relationships. They will also help grow and coordinate new events in local and regional areas. They will supervise the Special Events Specialist person and work closely with the rest of the Development team. This is a full time position, schedule will include some weekend and evening events. This person will report to the Director of Development, Jenny O’Bryan.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit, organize and plan new external events both in the local area and region wide
- Plan, organize and execute all event logistics
- Coordinate details for renewing and updating previous events
- Manage a portfolio of events with targeted fundraising goals and budgeted expenses
- Respond and process inquires tactfully and promptly
- Maintain contacts and relationships with event partners
- Manage and work with corporate partners that support CCA
- Manage multiple events simultaneously and independently.
- Work closely with Director of Development to plan, organize, and execute signature events.
- Partner with outreach and volunteer team
- Proactively coordinate, train and communicate with volunteers
- Uphold CCA brand standards including ensuring proper use by community partners
- Work closely with the Brand team regarding the production and distribution of printed materials for events
- Perform related event support as requested by Director of Development
Interpersonal Competency Requirements
- Relationship Building – Establish and maintain productive relationships with children, families, partners, and staff. Initiate contacts readily. Like interacting with people and are good at it.
- Positive Impact – Make positive impressions, are personable, self-confident, optimistic and enthusiastic about what they do. Energize those around them.
- Adaptability – Are flexible and open to new ideas. Are quick to adapt.
- Organizing & Planning – Prioritize multiple tasks, maximize use of available time, work is accomplished efficiently and accurately.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 5 + years in fundraising and/or event planning
- For internal candidates, it is required to be in your current position for one year
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- College degree in Business or related field
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Proficient use with MS Office Suite, experience with Raisers Edge
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Salary range is $45,000-50,000 and will be commensurate with experience
- Generous benefit packages includes medical insurance
Please send an electronic cover letter as well as your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter itself should be no longer than one page and include the following information:
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role at CCA?
- Present your view as to why and how you are a good fit for our organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position.
See more about CCA at JoyRx.org. Children’s Cancer Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports diversity in the workplace. This position will be open until filled.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Volunteers fuel CCA in virtually every area of operation. Please consider donating your time and talent to help seriously ill children and teens.
Internships with our programs, communications, and development teams can offer opportunities to learn new skills, get school credit, build your resume, and have fun. Contact Volunteer@JoyRx.org to find out more about volunteering or interning at CCA.