Who You Are: An Executive Assistant with 6-8 years of experience and the ability to manage the business of multiple executives. You are a calendaring wiz, a travel arrangement expert, and an excellent meeting coordinator. You can interface seamlessly with major influencers and are skilled at professional writing. You practice poise under fire and organized is your middle name. You are great at keeping people on track and focused and are able to prioritize independently in order to create the most successful day possible.
Who We Are: The Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) is an entrepreneurial growth company with a strong desire to innovate, strengthen capabilities, deepen service impact, leverage brand partnerships and develop social enterprise opportunities seeding our programs in communities across the nation. CCA has delivered the healing power of JoyRx for over 20 years and is the only organization of its kind in the nation with a vision and mission to have Joy-based programs integrated into the healing experience for all children and young adults facing treatment for cancer or serious illness.
- Managing the calendar and travel of three Vice Presidents while proactively addressing workload and schedule challenges. These may be significant one-time or reoccurring projects.
- Write communications drafts and professionally interface with high level executives and community members by responding to emails, phone calls, and other inquiries that do not require executive involvement.
- Research, compile, integrate, and prepare communications for reports and presentations.
- Proactively organize and coordinate all aspects of executive and leadership meetings, including Board of Director Meetings; assist with other events as needed.
- Focused, problem solver, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and active communication skills.
- Approach responsibilities with a general understanding of business administration, finance, risk management and program operations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and alliance with the leadership team and other executive assistants.
- Able to ensure a high level of trust with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong skills and affinity for using a variety of technology and tools to effectively get work done to meet deadlines with a professional working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of six years of administrative support experience for a senior level leader, (i.e. President, COO, or CEO). Experience supervising office support staff a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience interacting with C suite
- Non-profit a plus
- Planning & Organization: Plan and organize for efficiencies and use of resources.
- Adaptability: Adapt quickly and respond positively to change. Be flexible and open to new ideas.
- Initiative: Take action, be proactive not reactive, provide unsolicited input.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of business operations and how different functions work together.
- Active Communication: Compose informative and influential documents. Use the branded language to communicate intent with speed and accuracy.
- Energy: Exhibit stamina and endurance to handle substantial workload. Able to maintain a fast pace.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of office operation are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00am – 5:30pm and Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
CCA is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. CCA offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment and an inclusive culture. No matter the role, every CCA role shares one galvanizing message, to bring joy, comfort and inspiration to every child or teen in their moment of need.
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and alternative care benefits;
- PTO & nine paid holidays;
- Voluntary short- and long-term disability;
- Flexible spending plan;
- Simple IRA with 3% CCA match;
- Paid four-week sabbatical after eight years of service;
- Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement
Please send an electronic (PDF preferred) cover letter as well as your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
- Speak to why the mission of CCA compels you.
- Provide salary expectations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is based in Portland, OR. The position will be open until filled. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory and dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, stakeholder focus, and innovation. AA/EOE/VETS/Disabled.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation. Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position requires the ability to perform basic math and speak, hear, write, and read English; occasionally and/or move up to 10 pounds.