MyMusicRx Content Creator
Who you are: You are a creative and experienced videographer with an eye for storytelling and an ear for music. You can create branded and engaging digital videos from filming to post-production to uploading. You are organized and can juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
Who we are: The Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) is the only organization of its kind. Established in 1995, CCA has the simple goal of delivering JoyRx to seriously ill children and teens when they need more than medicine. We combine energy, commitment and vision to transform the standard of care for seriously ill children every day with joy. CCA has pioneered innovative, award-winning pediatric programs of music, friendship and nature.
- Operate camera, audio and lighting equipment to produce high-quality, digital media for MyMusicRx.org based programs with emphasis on MyMusicRx.org artist on-cameras songs, concerts, and music lessons
- Edit video content and create graphics using non-linear editing software and motion graphics tools.
- Refine audio content through sound mixing and audio post-production
- Upload, optimize, and publish videos for MyMusicRx.org, JoyRx.org, YouTube, Soundcloud, and related social media platforms, maximizing search engine optimization and brand visibility
- Assist with website administration of back end of MyMusicRx digital platform
- Repurpose video content into multiple digital formats
- Follow standards and guidelines for consistent brand identity
- Manage video archives and digital assets
- Maintain audio/video equipment inventory and recommend equipment upgrades as needed
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create and produce videos for volunteer and staff training, onboarding, and professional development
- Stay current on media production tools, video streaming platforms, and best practices
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new video capture and editing techniques to elevate and deepen CCA content
- Provide back-up photography as needed
- Creative thinker and innovator with an acute eye for engaging visual storytelling
- Familiar with wide variety of music genres and music industry’s social media landscape
- Strong knowledge in video capturing and editing skills
- Deep knowledge of basic camera functions (ISO, aperture, etc.) and their effects on screen
- Sharp eye for composition; ability to survey a scene and determine how to best light it
- Deep understanding of how to manipulate a RAW image to achieve desired look of an edit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment while being proactive, motivated, dedicated, and able to take initiative
- Strong knowledge of YouTube & Soundcloud platforms with basic understanding of SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and digital marketing best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, be solution-oriented and take direction
- Well organized; ability to manage multiple projects at a time; ability to work to strict deadlines
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, videography, journalism, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years’ experience in filming and editing experience required
- Experience in operating DSLRs, sound recording equipment, creative shot composition, and editing required
- Apple Motion Graphics or After Effects experience highly desired
- Experience with Word Press a plus
- Creativity – Explores options and develops innovative ideas and solutions. Offers alternatives. Find new ways to look at old issues.
- Initiative – Effective performers are proactive. They make things happen.
- High Standards – Seeks quality and continuous improvement
- Active Communication – Actively seeks information from a variety of sources, uses modern technology, encourage the flow of information. Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Planning & Organizing – Prioritize multiple tasks, maximize use of available time, work is accomplished efficiently and accurately.
- Adaptability – Flexible and open to new ideas. Are quick to adapt.
- Relationship Building – Establish and maintain productive relationships with children, families, partners, and staff. Initiate contacts readily.
- Written Communication – Composes informative and convincing documents. Uses the written language to convey substance and intent with accuracy.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time (40 hours/week) non-exempt position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of onsite work are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. This position occasionally requires evening hours and occasional weekend work.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. In addition to using video and photography equipment, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also attend off site music festivals and other events that are outside and may be exposed to unpredictable weather or conditions.
This position requires occasional domestic travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
CCA is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. CCA offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment and an inclusive culture. Every CCA role shares one galvanizing message, to bring joy, comfort and inspiration to every child or teen in their moment of need.
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits, including:
- Paid premiums for medical, vision, and alternative care benefits
- Subsidized dental benefits
- PTO & nine paid holidays
- Voluntary short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending plan
- Simple IRA with 3% CCA match
- Paid four-week sabbatical after eight years of service
- Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement
Please send an electronic (PDF preferred) one-page cover letter as well as your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
- Provide salary expectations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is based in Portland, OR. The position will be open until filled. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory and dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, stakeholder focus, and innovation. AA/EOE/VETS/Disabled.