Who you are: A highly experienced leader in a variety of development functions, including business development, events and individual giving. You have a passion for engaging others in a vision, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. Ambitious fundraising goals excite you; you are adept at motivating and empowering your team to achieve those goals.
Who we are: The Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) is the only organization of its kind. Established in 1995, CCA has the simple goal of delivering JoyRx to seriously ill children and teens when they need more than medicine. We combine energy, commitment and vision to transform the standard of care for seriously ill children every day with joy. CCA has pioneered innovative, award-winning pediatric programs of music, friendship and nature.
CCA is an entrepreneurial growth company with a commitment to innovate, strengthen capabilities, deepen service impact, leverage brand partnerships and develop social enterprise opportunities, seeding our programs in communities across the nation.
• Lead team of development professionals to drive revenue generating activities in Portland and the Pacific Northwest Market
• This position is directly responsible for leading the success of team performance toward achieving annual goals through local corporate partnerships, events, major gifts, donor relations and planned giving categories
• Lead corporate giving activities around signature Portland events, including but not limited to; the annual fund-raising gala and our other large events.
• Responsible for securing gifts ranging from $10K to $100K+. This position will manage a donor portfolio and be responsible for personal revenue goals.
• Identify and cultivate new corporate partnerships and manage all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, qualifying, presenting, and securing partnerships
• Project manage activations for local corporate partnerships in conjunction with VP of Development, Regional Markets
• Collaborates closely with Director of Philanthropy on individual giving strategy and data analytics
• Builds and maintains high-level relationships leading active engagement with the CCA Executive Leadership, key funders, board members, community partners and internal team members critical to individual and institutional fundraising efforts.
• Supports engagement with Young Professional Board in collaboration with Events Senior Manager
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; solid presentation skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement approved recommendations
• Develop and nurture networks to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects
• Strong listening skills and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with C-level contacts
• Maintain a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgment in all working relationships and related duties
• Outstanding planning, organizational, and analytical skills
• Sound judgment in problem-solving and decision-making techniques
• Demonstrated experience with leading teams to meet financial goals
• Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 7-10 years of successful experience in a variety of development activities (corporate partnerships, events, major gifts, planned giving) with a proven track record of meeting revenue goals
• Demonstrated success in relationship-building processes, including strategy, approach, execution, delivery, and collaboration
• Familiarity with CRM databases and Microsoft Office suite – knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
Relationship Building – Effective performers understand that establishing and maintaining productive relationships is a priority.
Initiative – Effective performers are proactive. They make things happen.
High Standards – Effective performers model standards that ensure exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail.
Active Communications – Effective performers recognize the essential value of continuous information exchange.
Energy – Effective performers have a high level of energy.
Planning and Organizing – Effective performers have strong organizing and planning skills
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment and will frequently be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position requires the ability to perform basic math and speak, hear, write, and read English; occasionally and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This position requires frequent travel in the Portland Metro area and occasional regional travel
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position with full supervisor responsibility. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of office operation are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
CCA is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. CCA offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment and an inclusive culture. Every CCA role shares one galvanizing message, to bring joy, comfort and inspiration to every child or teen in their moment of need.
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits, including:
• Paid premiums for medical, vision, and alternative care benefits
• Subsidized dental benefits
• PTO & nine paid holidays
• Voluntary short- and long-term disability
• Flexible spending plan
• Simple IRA with 3% CCA match
• Paid four-week sabbatical after eight years of service
• Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement
Please send a one-page electronic (PDF preferred) cover letter as well as your resume to: email@example.com.
Please include the following:
1. Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
2. Provide salary expectations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is based in Portland, OR. The position will be open until filled. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory and dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, stakeholder focus, and innovation. AA/EOE/VETS/Disabled.