Children’s Cancer Association is seeking an experienced, full-time Executive Assistant to provide a wide variety of high-level administrative assistance for our Founder/CEO and Team of three Executives. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience in coordinating business and programs projects and in keeping the office of an executive running smoothly. Must establish professional relationships and alliance with the leadership team and other executive assistant/support staff. Must have skills in managing multiple individuals’ priorities and experience in event planning is a plus. Utilize strong skills and motivation to help the executives stay focused and accomplish priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Managing the priorities of multiple executives, while proactively addressing workload and schedule challenges. These may be significant one-time or reoccurring projects.
- Research, compile, integrate, and prepare communications for reports and presentations.
- Possess strong communication and social skills to write drafts and professionally interface with high level executives and community members by responding to emails, phone calls, and other inquiries that do not require executive involvement.
- Proactively organize and coordinate all aspects of executive and leadership meetings; assist with other events as needed.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- A minimum of six years of administrative support experience for a senior level leader, (i.e. CEO, President, Vice President). Experience supervising office support staff a plus.
- Experience supporting multiple executives
- Approach responsibilities with a general understanding of business administration, finance, risk management and program operations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and alliance with the leadership team and other executive assistants.
- Able to ensure a high level of trust with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong skills and affinity for using a variety of technology and tools to effectively get work done to meet deadlines with a professional working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and active communication skills.
- Focused, problem solver, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative to proactively anticipate needs of multiple executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Active Communication: Compose informative and influential documents. Use the branded language to communicate intent with speed and accuracy.
- Energy: Exhibit stamina and endurance to handle substantial workload. Able to maintain a fast pace.
- Adaptability: Adapt quickly and respond positively to change. Be flexible and open to new ideas.
- Planning & Organization: Plan and organize for efficiencies and use of resources.
- Initiative: Take action, be proactive not reactive, provide unsolicited input.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of office operation are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
CCA is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. CCA offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment and an inclusive culture. No matter the role, every CCA role shares one galvanizing message, to bring joy, comfort and inspiration to every child or teen in their moment of need.
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience, salary range is $42,000-$45,000 DOE. Generous benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and alternative care benefits;
- PTO & nine paid holidays;
- Voluntary short- and long-term disability;
- Flexible spending plan;
- Simple IRA with 3% CCA match;
- Paid four-week sabbatical after eight years of service;
- Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement
Please send an electronic (PDF preferred) cover letter as well as your resume to: email@example.com. Please include the following:
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
- Speak to why the mission of CCA compels you.
- Provide salary expectations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position.
See more about CCA at joyrx.org. Children’s Cancer Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports diversity in the workplace. This position will be open until filled.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is based in Portland, OR. The position will be open until filled. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory and dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, stakeholder focus, and innovation. AA/EOE/VETS/Disabled.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation. Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position requires the ability to perform basic math and speak, hear, write, and read English; occasionally and/or move up to 10 pounds.