Who you are: You are organized and detail oriented, looking to learn and grow in the non-profit world. You enjoy variety in your tasks – data entry, organizing files, and corresponding with volunteers. You work well in a team, providing support to the CCA Pacific Northwest Program Team.
Who we are: The Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) is the only organization of its kind. Established in 1995, CCA has the simple goal of delivering JoyRx to seriously ill children and teens when they need more than medicine. We combine energy, commitment and vision to transform the standard of care for seriously ill children every day with joy. CCA has pioneered innovative, award-winning pediatric programs of music, friendship and nature.
CCA is an entrepreneurial growth company with a commitment to innovate, strengthen capabilities, deepen service impact, leverage brand partnerships and develop social enterprise opportunities, seeding our programs in communities across the nation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry in Raiser’s Edge for all Programs.
- Coordinate MyMusicRx volunteers; including but not limited to hospital security access, scheduling and communications.
- Administer family communications; including emails, cards, phone calls, etc.
- Maintain programs related documents, files and procedures, including the tracking of media releases for all families and program focused media stories.
- Maintain instrument inventory and initiate orders as necessary. Also, maintain MyMusicRx program wish lists.
- Track and inventory Program gift cards
- Provide administrative support to Director of Programs and Program Managers as needed
- High attention to detail, organized, and resourceful
- Strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience is required
- 1-2 years previous experience in a program centric non-profit or data entry role
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other databases preferred
- High Standards – Ensure exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail.
- Organizing and Planning – Prioritize multiple tasks, maximize use of available time, and accomplishes work efficiently and accurately.
- Active Communication – Ensure that the team has current and accurate information; encourage flow of information between teams when necessary.
- Adaptability – Is flexible and open to new ideas. Quick to adapt.
- Initiative – Effective performers are proactive. They make things happen.
- Written Communication – Composes informative and convincing documents. Uses the written language to convey substance and intent with accuracy.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of office operation are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
CCA is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. CCA offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment and an inclusive culture. Every CCA role shares one galvanizing message, to bring joy, comfort and inspiration to every child or teen in their moment of need.
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits, including:
- Paid premiums for medical, vision, and alternative care benefits
- Subsidized dental benefits
- PTO & nine paid holidays
- Voluntary short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending plan
- Simple IRA with 3% CCA match
- Paid four-week sabbatical after eight years of service
- Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement
Please send an electronic (PDF preferred) one-page cover letter as well as your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
- Provide salary expectations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is based in Portland, OR. The position will be open until filled. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory and dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, stakeholder focus, and innovation. AA/EOE/VETS/Disabled.