We are in this together. We continue to prioritize creating Joy for seriously ill children, who are even more deeply impacted during this pandemic.
We are closely monitoring and adhering to all local and federal guidelines and remain focused on learning new protocols to both service and protect the health of the kids and families we serve, our staff, volunteers, partners, and those in our community.
Our team is innovating the ways we deliver Joy remotely.
- CCA’s MyMusicRx Specialists will continue to provide music medicine through enhanced digital and social engagement, including live performances from home.
- Our trained, volunteer Chemo Pal mentors will continue critical emotional support to their pals in treatment via video chats, pen pal letters, online gaming, and customized care packages.
- MyMusicRx.org, our mood-shifting online music program, is already full of song performances, music lessons, and games—and we’ll be adding new content continuously during this time.
- Our Link program continues to take the profound financial and emotional hardships of serious illness head-on and is responding to a heavy request load due to the additional burden this pandemic has placed on families.
- During this time of “stay home and stay safe,” CCA is closely monitoring and adhering to all local and federal guidelines to protect the health of the kids and families we serve, and has closed our Caring Cabin. The Cabin will re-open and be ready to welcome families once these guidelines determine it is safe to travel.
The Joy Response Fund
To support the rapid shift in program delivery to meet the demands of the day, we have established the Joy Response Fund to ensure CCA can meet the most urgent needs of the children and family members we serve. Click here to donate today.
While our team is working remotely, we are here to answer any questions you may have.
If you are a family who wants to learn more about how to access our service and programs, please contact Senior Programs Manager, Kacy Smerke, at KSmerke@JoyRx.org.
If you have questions about business critical initiatives, please contact President & General Manager, Danielle York, at DYork@JoyRx.org; or Founder & Chief Joy Officer, Regina Ellis, at REllis@JoyRx.org.
If you are a volunteer with questions, please contact Senior Program Manager, Kelly DuVall, at KDuvall@JoyRx.org.
If you have questions about an event, please contact Senior Events Manager, Christine Mebesius, at CMebesius@JoyRx.org.