The Caring Cabin is an extraordinary destination for families to relax, explore, and create once-in-a-lifetime memories. Designed with the needs of seriously ill children in mind, the Caring Cabin lends a much-needed mental break to recharge during or after treatment. This no-cost, five-day retreat restores energy and provides a needed respite for families battling pediatric illness.
Every day we see the impact JoyRx Nature has on children in need of Joy. Watch this video to learn more about the origin and impact of the Caring Cabin.
“When we first opened the gate, we knew we had arrived at a very special place. Everything about the property encourages reflection and healing. We were moved to tears as we walked down what I am calling ‘The Path of Warriors.’ We thought of all the children who had fought just like our Jack. We thought of their families. We wondered how many of them won their battle. To have a few days dedicated to processing, reflecting, and planning for our future truly left us feeling empowered and healed on a level we had not experienced to date. Thank you.”
— Gina, Jack’s Mom
If your family would like to learn more about visiting the Caring Cabin, please review the eligibility requirements below.
At the time the family submits an application, the child/teen must meet at least one of these three criteria:
1. Is receiving active treatment for cancer or has received active treatment within the last six months, or
2. Has a severe blood disorder being treated like cancer, or
3. Is eligible for hospice
In addition, the child/teen must meet all of the below criteria:
1. Is between the ages of 3 and 19 years old
2. Has a confirmed diagnosis by a medical professional
3. Is receiving treatment in Oregon or SW Washington (or has within the past six months)
4. The family is able to take full responsibility for their needs, including the child’s medical needs, as no medical or support staff is on site at the Caring Cabin